Tuesday 10 May 2011

GCSE Art Coursework: Spirit in the Woods


For my third coursework project my topic was Spirit in the Woods.
The idea came from the widlife by the canals during late summer with a mix of narnia.
 

Pencil sketch of toadstools.

Here I took some art history from the national art galley which I felt connected with my topic and did a pencil sketch of it.
I used it because I felt it represented unusual land, i.e narnia, like my the theme of my coursework.

Left: Carbon pencil, right, watercolour pencil
Pencil sketch of toadstools.
Etchings.
Looking back at my coursework etchings, they aren't are clear an my recent etchings for my exam.

My first main piece was a brusho and ink painting of a fairy sat on steps, with a godess like fairy in the sky looking over her. This was because I decided to explore religion within the unknown magical world. I used purple as this is quite a magical colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment